Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Of course...NOW I get busy at work!! Blah!

So from the time I set foot in my office today (15 minutes early) until I left (5 minutes late) I was busy. I have worked there a little over 3 years, and I have not had a busy day like this EVER!! I had planned on leaving at lunch to go and find my people because I knew after dinner, I HAD to go get groceries. After all, we are hosting the turkey day dinner and I had nothing...no turkey...no cranberry sauce...Nothing.
Now, I do realize that I am so blessed to be able to have the dinner at our home...but I had to go shopping. It was snowing, again dark and again...my saintly hubby saved the day and had dinner ready when I got home. So we ate and when I went to print some more information slips to take with me, the computer decided to give me fits. Well, I found a way to make a few....jumped in the car and away we went.
Ken had no idea he was about to do the shopping by himself as I surveyed the people and started to work the crowd! Then I would catch up with him, grab something we needed off the shelf and put it in the basket as I looked for my next friend. But again I was up against time. It was already 7:00 and I had to be back by 8 for the call.

But to make a long story short...I got 4 contacts out of 6 people I stopped to see if they would help me with my challenge to help them earn 2,000 in 60 days. And these 4 people seemed really awesome! If they follow through, I think they will do it!

Phew! Under the wire...got it done! Again, still have to do the video and upload to YouTube, but I think I have that down now and that should go alot faster. I just have to do better on my lighting! :-)

Well, folks...that is day two.

Until tomorrow...

3 comments:

Jacki Varacalli said...

Don't you love being in a time crunch? You did a great job - even under pressure. Tell Ken thanks for putting up with this for another 57 days! - Jacki

Ginny Dye said...

No one will ever enter a grocery store in the same way again. :) I am so proud of you for FINDING A WAY! I also know you'll get some extra ones to get your 5 - and that you'll do an awesome job following up with them. :)

Way to go!
Ginny

Jean's Global Village said...

Hi, Penny,

Sometimes stress and adrenaline can be our friend, and it seems like you know how to make them work for you.

Great job and thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm so happy to be on the Boot Camp team with you!

Happy Thanksgiving.
Jean